Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Have you danced today?



We should consider every day lost in which we have not danced at least once.

- Nietzsche, philosopher

Borrowing the quote and comments from Sparkpeople.com. They send me an inspirational newsletter everyday and I thought this was full of nice thoughts. My comments will follow..ENJOY!

Finding and celebrating the joy in life
Each day is a new chance to find joy and to dance. If you let it pass or think it useless, the chance is gone and you'll never get it back. When was the last time you played? Or just did something for the sheer fun of it? Joy is not found in the world around you, it's within yourself. You can make your own joy, especially during those dark times when you need to really feel alive again. Fun and play are healthy antidotes to taking life--and ourselves--too seriously. They're proven boosters of immune systems and mental health and make life worth the trouble. So do the twist. Sing in the shower. Learn a magic trick. Watch a cartoon. Challenge some kids to a game. Don't let a single day go to waste.


Patti's thoughts:
I do try to do this daily. At least find something to find joy in. Growing up my Mom always taught us to 'make your own fun'. Especially if we were doing something we really didn't want to or knew we weren't going to enjoy. I think that is great advice. Whenever we left the house she would say...HAVE FUN! No matter what we were going to do. If we don't see the joy in life, we will live a miserable life. In this system of things, I sometimes feel like I am just going through the motions. Just living one day at a time to make it to the new world. But, in spite of all the promises the future holds of a MUCH better life, let's not forget to appreciate what we have been blessed with in this life. I woke up this morning feeling a bit grouchy. We are having a weekend full of HEAVY rain and storms AGAIN! (Same thing last weekend). We had a leak in our closet during the night last nigh.. so here we are, half asleep, cleaning out my closets... ALL my dress clothes, shoes, purses and bags, etc, etc.... NOT FUN. But when I started playing with Jaxson and Gidget, all the ugliness seemed to fade away. I decided to have fun, in spite of feeling grumpy. Now, what can I do to make the rest of the day fun? Dance in the rain? Hmmm... We'll see! Make yours a good one!!!!

No comments: